Consultation with patients regarding the proposed merger of Ash Trees and Stoneleigh Surgeries.
As a patient of one of the above practices, we are writing to inform you that we are commencing a formal consultation about the possibility of merging the two practices into one. A merger would mean that the practices would have a combined patient list and patients would have access to care across both sites. All six sites currently used by the two practices will continue to be used by the single practice after the merger.
Our aim is to:
• Improve the overall range and quality of services to patients
• Improve access to services
• Improve access to more clinical staff for patients
• Improve patient choice for appointment types the location of appointments
• Increase the availability of GPs and other clinical staff
The merger would also:
• Enable us to secure GP services throughout the rural population
• Enable us to provide timely care for patients who require urgent visits to prevent unnecessary hospital admissions.
We are carrying out the consultation to obtain your views before a decision is made by Morecambe Bay Clinical Commissioning Group.
The period of consultation will start on Monday 3rd February 2020 and end on Friday 28th February 2020.
We are holding the following patient meetings where you can find out more about the proposed change
Monday 24th February 2020 The County Hotel Carnforth 19:00-20:30 Monday17th February 2020 St Thomas’ Church, Milnthorpe 19:00-20:30
Your views and feedback regarding the proposed merger are important to the overall decision making process
There are several ways you can leave your comments:
• Visit our website and fill out our on-line survey www.ashtreessurgery.co.uk
• Pick up a paper copy of the survey and leave at our reception
• Attend one of our patient meetings listed above The closing date for your feedback is Friday 28th February 2020
Yours Sincerely, Dr. George Hobbs & Partners